Company: Ladgov Corporation
Posted on: May 28, 2023
Job Title: Education Advisor
Location: Vandenberg SFB, CA
- Advises active-duty personnel on all programs available through
- Provides advice and guidance to Active-Duty Air Force members
on CCAF degree opportunities by evaluating military training and
course completions, reviewing transcripts and applying credit
- Pulls the Advanced Standing List, Five-Year Warning, Candidate
Status and Possible Graduates reports from the CCAF Online website
to email potential graduates and to track in progress and/or actual
- Teaches potential CCAF graduates on how to use AFVEC features,
to include but not limited to, how to update their personal
- Instructs service members on how to use the Civilian Course
Conversion Table (CivCCT), the Military Course Conversion Table
(Mil CCT) and the 2017 Credit by Exam Matirx by Degree Program, as
well as, how to track a transcript, submit a transcript and order a
- Submits CCAF Action Requests to CCAF Program Managers and
follows up with the services members regarding replies and/or
action taken by CCAF.
- Thoroughly documents every phone call, email and conversation
with service members in AFAEMS and provides the Education Services
Officer (ESO) with weekly statistics.
- Responsible for retrieving CCAF graduation confirmation emails
from the organization email box.
- Assists all ADAF with information regarding Air Force tuition
assistance information (does not obligate funds), Veteran
Administration education benefits, federal financial assistance
programs, local scholarships, and Air Force Aid Society.
- Ensures courses taken for CCAF using military TA are needed for
CCAF degree and completes counseling notes in AFAEMS.
- Assists incoming CCAF Instructors with requirements and
enrollment into Instructor of Technology & Military Science
- Refers students to the appropriate academic institution
representative for registration and enrollment in courses or
programs that pertain to their education goals.
- Must be thoroughly familiar with the DANTES test program and
advises students of DANTES tests that are applicable to their
programs of study.
- Conducts briefings for ADAF/ADSF and all other requestors
(units on base, Commander's Calls) as needed.
- Responsible for preparing all necessary correspondence and
forms and maintaining related records and logs required to support
all aspects of job tasks.
- Advises Space Launch Delta 30 designated graduation committee
on semi-annual CCAF graduation ceremonies.
- Maintains a by-date record showing advisement or counseling
sessions conducted. Education & Qualifications:
- Must have a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or
- Must pass a background check.
- Two years or more of experience in adult or military education
academic advising is required.
- Knowledge of or experience with Air Force terminology, office
procedures, and education programs is preferred.
- Familiarity/facility with Outlook, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint,
Excel, and Access is also preferred.
Keywords: Ladgov Corporation, Lompoc , Education Advisor, Education / Teaching , Lompoc, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...