Project Engineer I
Company: UNITED PARADYNE CORPORATION
Posted on: June 16, 2022
OCCUPATIONAL SUMMARY: Under general Engineering supervision,
applies experienced judgment to engineering duties. Familiar with a
variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies
on experience and judgment to perform functions of the job.
Assesses systems and operations associated with hypergolic
propellants, cryogenics, pneumatics and life support equipment.
Performs a variety of complicated tasks. May give technical
direction to lower-level engineers and technicians.
- Performs Engineering oversight ensuring the Mechanical
Integrity Inspections of hazardous systems that identify, document,
and resolve system deficiencies are in compliance.
- Provide studies of program propellants requirements, fluids
specifications and equipment capabilities, and analyses to
determine effective methods of propellant delivery and
- Helps to develop estimates for Work Requests or small jobs
considered additional to the contract which requires detailed
analysis (hours and costs) for a particular effort.
- Responsible for preparation, review and implementation of
system designs as assigned by Management.
- Manages subcontractors throughout project phases to include
updating schedules and coordinating assigned work and reporting the
status to Management.
- Performs Process Safety Management functions as required by
OSHA having responsibility over assigned elements of the PSM
standard and the record keeping of applicable documents.
- Performs Engineering oversight and production of drawings and
figures utilizing AutoCAD.
- Acts as Configuration Manager for critical systems.
- Prepares Engineering Field Instructions (EFI's) that direct
Field Technicians to conduct operations.
- Direct technicians in the performance of EFI's as necessary and
coordinated by Management.
- Authors and revises Performance Work Instructions (PWI's) that
document work steps required to perform a common practice.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain base and restricted area
- Knowledge and compliance of these standards and codes: ASME
Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code, AWS welding standards, CGA
compressed gas standards, DOT regulations for portable pressure
vessels, Military Standards relating to propellants and propellant
systems, and EWRR 127-1 Range Safety regulations.
- Working knowledge of a variety of the field's concepts,
practices, and procedures in propellants, or related area will be
applied. Background in design and testing of aerospace ground
support systems and facilities desirable.
- PC skills with experience in MS Office suite of products (Word,
Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook), and AutoCAD.
- Must have excellent verbal, technical writing and communication
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- Experience: Previous engineering assignments, required.
Exceptional experience with hypergolic propellants, cryogenics,
life support equipment, and high pressure gases desirable.
Knowledge of Process Safety Management (PSM) also
- Education: Bachelors degree in Engineering or similar
discipline desirable or its equivalent in related experience
required, plus 4-5 years of experience.
Keywords: UNITED PARADYNE CORPORATION, Lompoc , Project Engineer I, Engineering , Lompoc, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!