Hardware Engineer III
Company: Chenega Corporation
Posted on: September 19, 2023
Hardware Engineer III
Vandenberg AFB. CA
Compensation includes an annual salary of $95K to $115K plus
Are you ready to enhance your skills and build your career in a
rapidly evolving business climate? Are you looking for a career
where professional development is embedded in your employer's core
culture? If so, Chenega Military, Intelligence & Operations Support
(MIOS) could be the place for you! Join our team of professionals
who support large scale government operations by leveraging
cutting-edge technology and take your career to the next level!
Our Strength Is Our People
We believe taking care of our employees will deliver the best
support to our customers and our community. Our success is
attributable to our employees. We recruit and retain civic-minded
people who fit our family-oriented small business culture.
Valued people deliver the highest level of professionalism and
support to our customers. We provide our employees with a positive
work environment and social activities that reinforce teamwork.
Venturi, LLC a Chenega company has an excellent opportunity for a
Hardware Engineer III. Venturi is a subcontractor to a company that
operates, maintains, and sustains mission-critical systems to
provide safe and effective launch, testing, and tracking of
Department of Defense, civil, commercial, and international space
lift vehicles. We support ballistic missile, guided weapon, and
aeronautical tests and evaluations as well as support space
situational awareness operations and experiments to defend the
United States to ensure our nation's safety. Our employees serve at
the forefront of global defense and space operations. We offer our
team of experienced, professional employees an environment of
challenging, stimulating, and personally and professionally
rewarding career opportunities.
- Design, develop, modify, evaluate, and implement new and
existing hardware systems.
- Support the lead engineer with the technical aspects of a
project and the supporting multi-disciplined project team.
- Support Systems Engineering for both the Eastern and Western
Ranges in a Subsystem Lead capacity in support of both subsystems,
including leading and conducting Subsystem Working Group (SSWG)
meetings, as needed, to ensure subsystem needs and deficiencies are
being addressed and that resolution/way ahead the plan is in
- Research, design, develop, modify, and implement highly
complex, new, and/or existing capabilities for range support
- Assist with the development of complex systems modeling,
simulation, and analysis to provide the most appropriate technical
- Support complex Level 1, 2, and 3 testing to qualify hardware
systems for Range operations.
- Plan, conduct, and assist in the execution of projects.
- Develop, recommend, and implement design approaches for
products and/or processes.
- Coordinate the efforts of technical support personnel for
- Analyze, develop, recommend, and implement approaches to meet
the Range requirements.
- Review literature, patents, and current practices to support
business requirements and/or new industry technology.
- Prepare reports regarding new technology to communicate to
- Evaluate component suppliers and vendor capabilities.
- Act as a liaison with approved vendors/suppliers to maintain
product/process availability and working relationship.
- Serve as an interface for project information to internal
management and the customers.
- Develop an understanding of the Range radars, including
transmitters, receivers, antennas, and control systems.
- Provide leadership and work guidance to less experienced
- Assist depot with problematic repairs of Line Replaceable Units
- Provide expertise to level 2 requests for engineering
assistance to restore operational systems.
- Identify, document, and prioritize the Radar and Optics
subsystem needs, deficiencies, and inefficiencies in support of
both the eastern and western Ranges.
- Support the development of Return on Investment (ROI) data in
support of identified needs, deficiencies, and inefficiencies.
- Support the development of risk statements.
- Provide systems engineering oversight and leadership for
products and/or processes, including the identification and review
of changes to the Configuration Item (CI) Tree.
- Other duties as assigned. Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or another technical degree in
Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics
- 5+ years of related engineering experience
- Interim Secret clearance is required with the ability to obtain
a Secret clearance. Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Experience working with Windows-based computer systems and
components and Office tool suite
- Experience providing inputs to complex project proposals within
defined time constraints involving multi-discipline teams
- Fundamental knowledge of hardware systems integration and
- Fundamental knowledge of the engineering lifecycle and systems
- General knowledge of instrumentation systems
- Proficient in the use of specialized test equipment including
but not limited to VOMs, spectrum analyzers, and
- Fundamental knowledge in technical writing for the development
of technical reports (White Papers) and other technical support
- Familiarization with computer systems including single-board
(SBCs), servers, and workstations.
- Familiarization with the Linux and Windows Operating
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret security
clearance, which includes U.S. citizenship or U.S.
- Valid U.S. driver's license required
- Ability to effectively communicate technical issues verbally
and through written media, like graphical slides and verbal
presentations to contract management and customers.
- Ability to read and understand wire diagrams, schematics, and
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills
Strong organizational and time management skills to balance, plan,
prioritize, and execute projects
- Strong leadership and conflict management skills
- Good human relations and interpersonal skills to interact with
internal and external support personnel and guide less experienced
- Ability to work within a dynamic, fast-paced environment with
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team How you'll
At Chenega MIOS, our professional development plan focuses on
helping our team members at every level of their career to identify
and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From
entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always
room to learn.
We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to
hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world.
From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development
programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to
continue to grow throughout their careers.
At Chenega MIOS, we know that great people make a great
organization. We value our team members and offer them a broad
range of benefits.
Learn more about what working at Chenega MIOS can mean for you.
Chenega MIOS's culture
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our team members to
do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by
recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to
make daily choices that can help them be healthy, centered,
confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and continuously
look for new ways to maintain a culture where we excel and lead
healthy, happy lives.
Chenega MIOS is led by a purpose to make an impact that matters.
This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with
our clients, our team members, and our communities. We believe that
business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on
education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help
drive positive social impact in our communities.
Learn more about Chenega's impact on the world.
Chenega MIOS News-
Tips from your Talent Acquisition team
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Chenega MIOS to feel
prepared and confident. To help you with your research, we suggest
you review the following links:
Chenega MIOS web site -
Glassdoor - ,23.htm
USD $95,000.00/Yr. Up to USD $115,000.00/Yr.
Keywords: Chenega Corporation, Lompoc , Hardware Engineer III, Engineering , Lompoc, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!