Licensed Clinical Social Worker
Company: The Arora Group
Posted on: May 11, 2020
Currently recruiting a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) to
work in the Primary Care Clinic at Vandenberg Air Force Base, near
Lompoc, California, to provide care to our nation's Active Duty
military heroes and their family members. The Licensed Clinical
Social Worker (LCSW) is a full-time position, working 8 hr shifts
Mon - Fri between 7AM - 5PM.
DUTIES OF THE LICENSED CLINICAL SOCIAL WORKER (LCSW):
- Working independently, provide focused evidence-based
assessment and intervention (primarily cognitive, behavioral,
motivational, and acceptance-based approaches) in primary care. The
practice will be in primary care under the Primary Care Behavioral
Health (PCBH) model of service delivery. The range of problems will
include depressions, anxiety, substance misuse, stress, insomnia,
pain, obesity, diabetes, tobacco use and behaviors impacting
health. Eight to 14 appointments per day ranging between 15 and 30
- Successfully complete the two pahses of DHA BHC training and
evaluation within 90-180 days of employment.
- Use computer software applications for drafting documents, data
management, and tracking.
- Provide classes in format appropriate for primary care (sucha s
stress management, sleep enhancement, and chronic pain
- Must possess organzational, problem-solving, and communication
skills to articualte medical recommendations to patients, families,
medical and non-medical staff in a professional and courteous
- Supervise providers in training or not fully licensed
- Participate in team efforts to develop, implement, evaluate,
and revise clinical pathway programs needed in the clinic .
- Participate in approved research and quality improvement
projects relating to primary care behavioral health services.
- Provide brief presentations/trainings to primary care team
members regarding behavioral health issues and how they can provide
stepped-care services on a range of patient problems .
- Ensure PCM's receive same-day verbal and/or written feedback on
patients seen each day .
- The candidate will be required after starting to travel to
Walter Reed National Military Medical Center in Bethesda, MD for
training of five days in the Behavioral Health Optimization
Program. QUALIFICATIONS OF THE LICENSED CLINICAL SOCIAL WORKER
- Degree: Master's degree in Social Work (MSW).
- Education: Graduate from a School of Social Work fully
accredited by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE).
- Maintain a current, unrestricted clinical license to practice
social work in any one of the 50 states, the District of Columbia,
or U.S. territories. A clinical social work license is defined as a
license that allows the Social Worker to practice independently
without clinical supervision.
- Have a minimum of one (1) year of experience in the independent
practice of clinical social work in a mental health setting. The
optimal candidate will have 12 months within the last 24 months of
experience using population health approaches to healthcare and
proficiency in using motivational interviewing.
- Have and maintain BLS.
- Must be a U.S. citizen (for access to Gov't computer
systems)ABOUT THE ARORA GROUP:
The Arora Group is an award-winning, Joint Commission-certified
nationwide healthcare services company that, for over 30 years, has
provided medical care for the men and women who serve our country
in the U.S. Armed Forces. Our mission is to provide world-class
care and give our healthcare professionals opportunities to improve
their skills, learn from the best, and serve the needs of active
duty service members, their families, and veterans.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/DisabilityThe Arora Group
Keywords: The Arora Group, Lompoc , Licensed Clinical Social Worker, Healthcare , Lompoc, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!