Physician / Family Practice / California / Permanent / MD/DO - Family
Company: Kurz Solutions
Posted on: January 15, 2021
MD/DO - Family Practice Physician
The City of Arts and Flowers invites...
The Community - Lompoc, CA
Lompoc is hidden away gem in the northwestern corner of Santa
Barbara County. Nestled in the Sta. Rita Hills of California's
Central Coast, Lompoc is a friendly, relaxing destination acclaimed
for its breathtaking beauty, abundant outdoor murals, fully
restored historic mission, and award-winning wines. With its mild
Mediterranean climate, Lompoc Valley is ripe for adventure
year-round golf, biking, hiking, surfing, and even sky diving!
The Lompoc Valley is part of the Central California region. Rolling
hills surround the Valley in the north, south and east. The level
Valley is open at its western end to the Pacific Coast Shoreline.
The Pacific Ocean is only 9 miles from downtown Lompoc. The Santa
Ynez River (dry most of the year) runs east to west through the
Valley while Burton Mesa, a chaparral forest with sandy soil, lies
to the north. The hills to the south are mined for diatomaceous
Vandenberg Air Force Base
Vandenberg Air Force Base is a United States Air Force Base located
9.2 miles northwest of Lompoc, California. It is under the
jurisdiction of the 30th Space Wing, Air Force Space Command.
Vandenberg AFB is a Department of Defense space and missile testing
base, with a mission of placing satellites into polar orbit from
the West Coast using expendable boosters. Wing personnel also
support the Service's LGM-30G Minuteman III Intercontinental
Ballistic Missile Force Development Evaluation program. In addition
to its military mission, the base also leases launch pad facilities
to SpaceX, as well as 100 acres leased to the California Spaceport
in 1995. The base is named in honor of former Air Force Chief of
Staff General Hoyt S. Vandenberg.
Requirements (duties include but are not limited to)
- Shall provide outpatient health care to qualifying
beneficiaries as scheduled by the Government.
- Care shall include but not be limited to continuing,
comprehensive health maintenance and medical care to entire family
regardless of sex, age, or type of problem.
- Will maintain a program of comprehensive health for the family
unit, to include preventive medicine, behavioral sciences, and
- May become the primary care manager for a panel of patients. As
a PCM, will be the primary person responsible for the management of
the health and wellness of his/her assigned patients. Duties
- Examination of patients, formulation differential diagnostic
plans, defines and orders required diagnostic testing.
- Interpretation of examination findings and test results, and
implementation of treatment plans.
- Determines need for consultation and assists in medical care
and treatment provided at the direction of other specialists.
- Approving/disapproving subspecialty referrals.
- Answering patient telephone consults with the assistance of
- Providing primary and secondary preventive maintenance care.
- All inpatients will be admitted as per the local MTF
- Be capable of adequately diagnosing and treating a wide-range
of pediatric and adult acute and chronic diseases and injuries
including but not limited to conditions of the:
- Skin, Head, Eyes, Ears, Nose, Throat, Neck, Cardiovascular
System, Pulmonary System, Gastrointestinal System, Musculoskeletal
System, Genitourinary System, Reproductive System, Lymphatic
System, Central Nervous System, Endocrine System, Psychiatric and
- Have sufficient experience to be able to adequately perform
medical procedures to include, but not limited to, the following:
- Basic Life Support; Advanced Life Support; Pediatric Advanced
Life Support; Crycothyroidotomy; Secure and maintain an adequate
airway to include endotracheal intubation; Cardioversion of life
threatening arrhythmias; Simple minor surgical procedures: punch
biopsies, excision of skin lesions; Simple abscess incision and
drainage; Nail trephination; Sling or swath injuries; Lumbar
puncture; Suture simple laceration; Suture removal; Tube
thoracostomy; Cryotherapy; Nebulizer treatment; Urine
catheterization; Cultures (throat, wound); Suprapubic tap; Remove
ocular, nasal and ear foreign bodies; Clearing of ears by flush
technique; Reduce simple dislocations and fractures, when
appropriate; Bandaging of sprains, minor burns, and minor
lacerations; Perform venous punctures for lab studies and interpret
results; Draw arterial blood gases for evaluation and interpret
results; Administer intravenous, intramuscular and subcutaneous
medications as appropriate; Stabilize and evaluate cervical spine
injuries as appropriate; Splint and stabilize traumatic injuries to
- Ensure a safe work environment and employee safe work
- Prepare records and reports as required in support of services
rendered in accordance with established procedures.
- Attend and participate in patient care reports, patient care
conferences, team conferences, professional staff conferences and
other appropriate professional activities only to the extent that
such attendance and participation is relative to his/her assigned
cases and/or performance of services as determined by the
- Meet all licensing/certification requirements to perform as a
Family Practice Physician in accordance with requirements.
- Be a Doctor of Allopathic (M.D.) or Osteopathy (D.O.) who has
successfully completed an accredited residency in Family Practice.
Must have at least one (1) year of primary care experience and no
more than twelve (12) months since the last work assignment.
- Current boa
Keywords: Kurz Solutions, Lompoc , Physician / Family Practice / California / Permanent / MD/DO - Family, Healthcare , Lompoc, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!