LVN / LPT - Full Time
Company: Crestwood Behavioral Health
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Crestwood Behavioral Health is proud to be California's leading
provider of mental health services, assisting thousands of clients
and their families from across the state for more than 53 years. We
offer generous benefit packages, competitive salaries, and a team
focused on your growth. To learn more about working at Crestwood
(our culture, values, benefits) please visit our new Work at
Crestwood page.Our Values: Family, compassion, commitment,
enthusiasm, flexibility, character and social responsibility- drive
the work that we do every day, at all our campuses. These values
are integrated into every area of the company's operations and they
serve as the foundation of the programs and services we provide. We
are deeply committed to creating a positive impact on society and
the environment.The Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) / Licensed
Psychiatric Technician (LPT) Role:The Licensed Vocational Nurse
(LVN) / Licensed Psychiatric Technician (LPT) provides direct
nursing care to the clients according to physicians' orders and
applicable client care standards, within their scope of practice.
The Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) / Licensed Psychiatric
Technician (LPT) will provide direction to non-licensed personnel
in providing direct client care and operation of the unit.Sign on
bonuses after 90 days: $5,000 for Full Time Nurses, $3,000 for PT,
and $1,000 for On-call. For On-call it is 90 days or 100 hours
worked, whichever is later.POSITION QUALIFICATIONS:
- Current licensure in California as a LPT or LVN
- Knowledge of general nursing theory and practice.
- Ability to supervise.
- Ability to work cooperatively with other staff members.
- Previous experience in mental health nursing preferred.
- Current CPR and first aid certifications.
- Knowledge of DBT, WRAP and Psychosocial Rehabilitation
Principals preferredPOSITION RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Directs the day-to-day functions of the nursing activities in
accordance with all applicable regulatory standards.
- Supervises assigned staff.
- Assesses, plans, implements, and evaluates nursing care for
clients. Works with the service coordinator in developing service
plans for the client.
- Follows protocols regarding medication administration and
treatments per physicians' orders.
- Documents all pertinent information regarding the client's
condition, medication, treatment, and communication with legal and
health care representatives per policy.
- Supervises the use of restraints used for physical and
behavioral reasons, ensuring that the client's rights and safety
- Communicates with appropriate personnel and disciplines daily
regarding admissions, discharges, changes in condition, physicians'
orders, and other appropriate information.
- Notifies physicians of all incidents, changes in condition, and
need for evaluation of all medications or other treatment in a
- Assures conservator and/or family members are notified of any
incidents or changes in condition as appropriate.
- Acts as a liaison with the physician, client, and all members
of the interdisciplinary team.
- Completes incident reports, medication error reports, and drug
reaction reports in a timely manner per protocol.
- Makes independent nursing decisions as necessary based on
appropriate nursing theory and practice.
- Observes proper safety practices and recommends or initiates
plan of correction as necessary.
- Upholds all infection control standards.
- Participates in the implementation of quality assurance
programs for nursing services.
- Participates in developing policies and procedures for the
- Maintains confidentiality of all client care information.
- Keeps Director of Nursing Services informed of all potential
problems on the unit.
Our Benefits: We offer Full Time employees comprehensive health
benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D), as well as
generous time away programs, flexible schedules, a 401k retirement
program, a Scholarship program, and extensive training
opportunities with CEUs that include DBT, WRAP, Motivational
Interviewing and more.Our Commitment: Crestwood is proud to be an
Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion, equity
and diversity. We embrace all differences and are fully committed
to fostering a sense of belonging for everyone. We also take
affirmative action to offer employment and advancement
opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race,
color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status,
veteran status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status,
gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic
protected by federal, state or local laws.If you need assistance
and/or a reasonable accommodation due to ability during the
application or recruiting process, please talk with your hiring
contact/recruiter or send a request to HR@CBHI.netEmployment is
contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation
including criminal history and identity check.
Keywords: Crestwood Behavioral Health, Lompoc , LVN / LPT - Full Time, Healthcare , Lompoc, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!