HERO Shift Lead (Military and Veterans)
Posted on: June 17, 2022
HERO Program Summary
The Walgreens HERO Program keeps our nation's heroes in mind - with
an opportunity for veterans to transition their leadership
experience into the civilian world. Through this program,
participants start on a path to store management, while pursuing a
bachelor's degree through Southern New Hampshire University (or
other schools), all to help you achieve your long-term career
goals. Through this program, you'll receive the support from senior
leadership, as well as on-the-job mentorship, guiding you through
our award-winning LEAP Program. LEAP fully prepares you to Lead,
Engage, Advance, and Perform as a Walgreens Assistant Store
- At least 6 months military experience
Opens and closes the store in the absence of store management,
including all required systems start-ups, required cash handling,
and ensuring the floor and stock room are ready for the business
day. Responsible for opening back door of store for deliveries.
- Engages customers and patients by greeting them and offering
assistance with products and services. Resolves customer issues and
answers questions to ensure a positive customer experience.
- Models and shares customer service best practices with all team
members to deliver a distinctive and delightful customer
experience, including interpersonal habits (e.g., greeting, eye
contact, courtesy, etc.) and Walgreens service traits (e.g.,
offering help proactively, identifying needs, servicing until
- Responsible for holding store keys to open and close without
management as necessary.
- Assists with and coaches other team members to work with
warehouse and vendor ordering process as the orders are created,
reviewed, and received, including opening the backdoor for vendor
- Responsible and accountable for registering all related sales
on assigned cash register, including records of scanning errors,
price verifications, items not on file, price modifications, and
- Assists manager or assistant store manager in reviewing order
exceptions on order release day and assists in reverse logistics
(e.g., 1506, returns, empty package).
- Assists manager or assistant store manager in evaluating and
developing displays, including promotional, seasonal, super
structures, and sale merchandise. Completes resets and
- Maintains accurate inventory counts; maintains the accuracy of
on-hand quantities including, but not limited to, basic
departments, stockroom, and overstock locations.
- Assist with ensuring the Outdate program is followed with team
- Responsible for basic department pricing and making daily price
changes; ensures proper signage is displayed at the store to
support accurate pricing of products. Ensures any additional
pricing tasks related to local regulations and/or regulatory
compliance programs are completed accurately and within the
required time frame.
- Assist with bookkeeping activities, including cash report, cash
counts, ledgers, and bill payment as necessary or as
- Assists with exterior and interior maintenance by ensuring
clean, neat, orderly store condition and appearance, including
requesting store or system repairs as required in manager absence,
or as requested by manager.
- Assists with separation of food items (e.g., raw foods from
pre-cooked) and product placement as specified by
policies/procedures (e.g., raw and frozen meats on bottom shelves).
For consumable items, assists in stock rotation, using the first
in, first out method and restock outs.
- Has working knowledge of store systems and store
- Assist at Pharmacy out window as requested.
- Ensures compliance with state and local laws regarding
regulated products (e.g., alcoholic beverages and tobacco
- Responsible for bag checks of team members before leaving the
- Complies with all company policies and procedures; maintains
respectful relationships with coworkers.
- Completes special assignments and other tasks as
assigned.Training & Personal Development
- Attends training and completes PPLs requested by Manager.
- Obtains and maintains valid PTCB certification or pharmacy
license as required by state.Communications
- Serves as a liaison between management and non-management team
members by communicating assigned tasks to team members when store
management is not present.
- Reports disciplinary issues and customer complaints to
Walgreens (www.walgreens.com) is included in the Retail Pharmacy
USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (Nasdaq: WBA), a
global leader in retail and wholesale pharmacy. As America's most
loved pharmacy, health and Beauty Company, Walgreens purpose is to
champion the health and wellbeing of every community in America.
Operating more than 9,000 retail locations across America, Puerto
Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, Walgreens is proud to be a
neighborhood health destination serving approximately 8 million
customers each day. Walgreens pharmacists play a critical role in
the U.S. healthcare system by providing a wide range of pharmacy
and healthcare services. To best meet the needs of customers and
patients, Walgreens offers a true Omni channel experience, with
platforms bringing together physical and digital, supported by the
latest technology to deliver high-quality products and services in
local communities nationwide.
Keywords: Walgreens, Lompoc , HERO Shift Lead (Military and Veterans), Hospitality & Tourism , Lompoc, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!