Posted on: December 27, 2018
- Confers with user departments to identify computerization needs and determine how the desired results can be achieved. Analyze existing systems and programs and develop or recommends new systems or modifications to existing systems.
- Reviews and analyzes system specifications to determine whether all required elements have been included. Consults with clients to gather information about program needs, objectives, functions, features, and input and output requirements.
- Analyzes, defines, and documents requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating system environment, interfaces with other systems, internal and external checks and controls, and outputs.
- Uses programming languages to code computer instructions from the systems documentation. Utilizes any special programming techniques necessary to achieve the most effective program.
- Tests and debugs computer programs.
- Modifies existing programs to conform to system changes or to make improvements in the existing program.
- Advises and works with user departments to resolve specific problems or make changes in programs, computer applications, capabilities, alternative programming approaches, limitations, etc.
- Trains personnel in user departments in any specific procedures necessary to enter data into terminals for computer processing.
- Writes and maintains documentation to describe program development, logic, coding, testing, changes, and corrections.
- Monitors performance of programs after implementation and provides user training and follow up support. Supervisory Responsibilities This position has no supervisory responsibilities. THIS POSITION IS BASED AT OUR EXECUTIVE OFFICES IN LOMPOC, CALIFORNIA. NO TELE-COMMUTING.Required SkillsComputer Skills Ability to work with data processing, programming, systems design, problem analysis, and hardware. Experience with database design management and code development in RPG. Experience working with IBM (Iseries, AS/400) Knowledge of SQL Server Administration and programming (stored procedures, triggers and views.) Preferred experience but not required in JSON, XML, Rest API, Informatica ETL
- Ability to be recognized as a technical expert in company systems.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to establish and maintain moderately complex documentation systems.
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, with employees of various disciplines within various departments, and all other internal and external contacts.
- Ability to accurately perform detail-oriented work.
- Ability to be flexible in changing daily workload priorities as directed.
- Ability to maintain accuracy, consistency, and quality in a fast-paced, multi-task environment.
- Ability to coordinate and synchronize multiple projects.
- Ability to function in a controlled environment regulated by FDA GMPs and handle confidential data.
- Ability to use MSWord, Excel, and various office machines such as personal computer, FAX, copier, and telephone. Required ExperienceEducation and/or Experience Bachelors Degree from a 4 year college or university in Computer Science or related field with five years of related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.Job Location Lompoc, US-CA
Keywords: DenMat, Lompoc , Programmer/Analyst, IT / Software / Systems , Lompoc, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!