Click on "Learn more about this agency" button below for
IMPORTANT additional information.
This is a formal Air Force intern position, established under
the PALACE ACQUIRE (PAQ) program; as such, it is centrally managed
and funded by the Air Force Personnel Center, Civilian Career
Management Directorate. This program is intended to develop broad
gauged individuals who can deal effectively with change and
complexity within the Air Force environment as it relates to their
Learn more about this agency
- Performs electronic engineering tasks of limited scope and
difficulty, which are screened by a higher-grade engineer.
- Performs electronic engineering work of limited scope and
complexity in support of projects assigned to higher-grade
- Uses engineering manuals, standard publications and technical
material to obtain information and pertinent data to be used by
higher level engineers, contractors and/or customers.
- Keeps abreast of emerging technologies and professional
developments to maintain current in the field and for application
to work assignments.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this
0855 Electronics Engineering
Conditions of Employment
- Please read this Public Notice in its entirety prior to
submitting your application for consideration.
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- Males must be registered for Selective Service, see
- Total salary varies depending on location of position
- PCS expenses if authorized will be paid IAW JTR and Air Force
- Recruitment incentives may be authorized
- This posn is subject to provisions of the DoD Priority
- Mobility is a condition of employment. The employee must sign
an Air Force-wide mobility agreement
- Employee may be required to work other than normal duty hours,
to include evenings, weekends and/or holidays
- Travel by regularly scheduled commercial or military conveyance
in accordance with Joint Travel Regulations may be required in
performance of TDY
- Employee must maintain current certifications
- Disclosure of Political Appointments
Qualified candidates will be considered in accordance with the
Office of Personnel Management Guidelines . You can also visit:
Your resume will be rated under category rating procedures:
Qualified category: Meets the minimum qualifications as
described in the qualification section of this announcement and
obtain a rating between 70-79 on the applicable assessment.
Highly-qualified category: Meets the minimum qualification
requirements and demonstrates proficiency in critical competencies
and obtain a rating between 80-89 on the applicable assessment.
- Best-qualified category: Meets the minimum qualification
requirements and excels in critical competencies and obtain a
rating between 90-100 on the applicable assessment.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for
appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify
the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total
number of hours per week.
VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience,
including volunteer work done through National Service Programs
(i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g.,
professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community;
student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical
competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable
training and experience that translates directly to paid
employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience,
including volunteer experience.
IF USING EDUCATION TO QUALIFY: If position has a positive degree
requirement or education forms the basis for qualifications, you
MUST submit transcriptswith the application. Official transcripts
are not required at the time of application; however, if position
has a positive degree requirement, qualifying based on education
alone or in combination with experience; transcripts must be
verified prior to appointment. An accrediting institution
recognized by the U.S. Department of Education must accredit
education. Click here to check accreditation.
FOREIGN EDUCATION: Education completed in foreign colleges or
universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show
proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least
equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education program.
It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when