Under general supervision, manages overdue accounts and
negotiates payment of balance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
Other duties may be assigned.
- Provide excellent customer service regarding collection issues
while acting in a professional and courteous manner.
- Process customer requests for refunds, credit memos, resolve
discrepancies and short payments in a timely, accurate and
- Perform collection on accounts overdue balances in excess of 30
- Review and release orders on credit hold in accordance within
- Maintain collection target as determined by management.
- Reduce delinquency accounts and/or monies owed to acceptable
level set by management.
- Review various reports, monitor aging reports and when
necessary accelerate collection efforts.
- Negotiate payment plans with customer; monitor to ensure
payments made in a timely manner.
- Answer incoming calls and respond to customer inquiries.
Resolve outstanding issues or elevate to supervisor for
- Research accounts and recommend accounts for collections to
- Communicate with sales and customer service departments
regarding customer accounts on a timely basis.
- Process various paperwork for account cleanup such as transfer
and/or adjustment sheets.
- Review accounts receivable statements for accuracy prior to
- Represent the company in a positive and supportive manner at
Additional Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
Other duties may be assigned.
- Maintain vendor accounts payable records and schedules of
account activity. Reconcile differences between vendor and company
- Act as liaison for questions or inquiries for Group,
Distributor and International accounts.
- Assist other members of the department as assigned.
- Other projects as assigned.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and two
years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination
of education or experience. Previous collections experience
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the described
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Ability to write notes, documentation, routine reports and
correspondence. Ability to complete forms accurately. Ability to
communicate information effectively in one-on-one and small group
situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide, and ability to
perform these operations using units of American money and weight
measurement, volume, and distance.
Ability to use word processing, spreadsheet, and database
applications. Ability to learn various software programs.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Knowledge of medical device or related area.
Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles.
Skill in demonstrating a professional phone manner.
Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, with
employees of various disciplines within various departments and all
other internal and external contacts.
Ability to effectively negotiate payment from customers.
Ability to accurately perform detail oriented work.
Ability to be flexible in changing daily workload priorities as
Ability to maintain accuracy, consistency and quality in a
fast-paced, multi-task environment.
Ability to coordinate and synchronize multiple projects.
Ability to function in a controlled environment under domestic
and international regulations and handle extremely confidential
Ability to use MSWord, Excel, AS400, 10-key by touch
proficiently, and various office equipment such as computer,
printer, copier, fax, and phone.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics
described here are representative of those that must be met by an
employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this
job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of the job, the employee is
regularly required to sit, talk and hear, use hands to finger,
handle or feel, repetitive use of one or both hands, use of hands
to grasp, push and or pull; and use one or both hands with fine
dexterity. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk;
and lift or move up to 10 lbs. Normal 20/20 vision ability (with
corrective lenses, if needed) is required by this position. The
noise level in the work environment is somewhat quiet