Personal Care Attendant (PCA)
Company: New Heights Ventures, Inc.
Posted on: November 22, 2022
*Congratulations* on wanting to join our exceptional team, *Team
Being a member of the New Heights Ventures team is more than a job,
more than a career, it's a life changing experience. As a team
member, you will play an integral part in focusing and directing
the lives of adults with developmentally disabilities. You will be
responsible for assisting them reach their goals and integrating
them into the community.
If you are up for a rewarding and challenging career, we would love
to talk to you.
*_Team NHV: Building a community of independence through service,
one person at a time._*
*As a Personal Care Attendant you will be joining in our mission to
support adults with developmental disabilities in their homes and
in the community by providing a compassionate team of individuals
to help them thrive in all areas of life.*
This job is a front-line position providing personal care,
training, and social interaction outlined in each served person's
individual training manual.
1. Training and assisting persons served with transferring to and
from bed, showers, vehicles, or toilets.
2. Training and assisting with bathing and dressing
3. Training and assisting with incontinence care.
4. Training and assisting persons served whom need help with
5. Applying emergency response actions in crisis situations.
6. Working with multiple individuals in a home setting.
7. Documenting of staff and persons served activities.
8. Accompanying persons served on recreational activities or
9. Following approved Individual Program Plans.
10. Following approved Individual Training Manuals.
11. Performing related work when required.
1. Handling unsupervised situations.
2. Having patience in slow communication situations.
3. Writing legibly and in proper English for documentation
4. Willing to learn and adapt to various situations.
7. Prior experience preferred but not necessary.
1. Free from any physical limitations that would prevent attendant
from performing essential job duties, either with or without a
2. Able to perform necessary transfers and hands on assistance for
Will be required to pass a pre-employment drug test and a Livescan
via the DOJ
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $16.00 - $18.00 per hour
* Dental insurance
* Flexible schedule
* Health insurance
* Life insurance
* Paid time off
* Referral program
* Vision insurance
* 10 hour shift
* 8 hour shift
* Day shift
* Night shift
* On call
* Weekend availability
* High school or equivalent (Preferred)
* Driver's License (Preferred)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: New Heights Ventures, Inc., Lompoc , Personal Care Attendant (PCA), Other , Lompoc, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!