LVN I Full Time Bakersfield Central Staffing
Location: Mc Farland
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Job Summary: Licensed Vocational Nurses are licensed health
professionals who perform patient care, technical and supportive
services under general supervision in a medical office or clinical
setting. The LVN supports the philosophy and complies with the
protocols, policies and procedures of the Organization and the
assigned Medical Office Department.Essential Responsibilities:
- Upholds Kaiser Permanentes Policies and Procedures, Principles
of Responsibilities and applicable state, federal and local
- Representative Tasks:
- Perform patient care functions as prescribed by
physician/health care professionals following established
protocols, policies and procedures within their scope of education,
training and responsibilities.
- Assist medical personnel with special procedures, minor
surgical procedures and/or diagnostic exams.
- Assess and monitor patients condition and notify
physician/health care professional for disposition.
- Prepare and administer medications as directed by physician
order, following established protocols.
- Maintain equipment and supplies. -Identify and arrange for
equipment needing repair. -Apply principles of aseptic technique
and infection control as directed by the Infection Control
- Monitor patient flow and assign/direct other ancillary
personnel as needed.
- Provide medical information and education to patients,
following established protocols and guidelines.
- Document pertinent patient information, assessment and nursing
procedures, following established protocols. -Maintain patient
- Patient/Care Procedures:
- Explain purpose and process of examinations, tests and medical
procedures to patients, following established guidelines.
- Instruct patients on general health and basic self care
- Review, explain and clarify physician orders with patient or
- Instruct patient in use of home equipment.
- Administer patient first aid.
- Apply basic orthopedic devices, as ordered by physician.
- Apply and remove dressings.
- Execute treatments such as urinary catheterization, bladder
irrigations, suction procedures and throat irrigations.
- Follow standard infection control procedures.
- Administer enemas.
- Initiate emergency procedures (including basic CPR) and provide
emergency patient treatments.
- Irrigate and pack wounds.
- Lift patients.
- Monitor patient vital signs.
- Monitor patients for bleeding.
- Observe machine monitors.
- Administer inhalation therapy.
- Participate in development of nursing care plans.
- Perform surgical preps.
- Prepare and position patients for procedures.
- Prepare patients for physical examinations.
- Provide therapeutic care as ordered by physician.
- Rinse and clean instruments and equipment.
- Sterilize instruments and equipment.
- Arrange for equipment repair and maintenance.
- Maintain clean work area.
- Monitor supply of oxygen and gas tanks.
- Complete laboratory, radiology requisitions and specialized
- Notify appropriate personnel of abnormal lab test results.
- Answer member inquires.
- Observe patient condition for reactions during and after
- Remove sutures following established protocols.
- Respond to Code Blues.
- Take and record patient vital signs, height, weight, etc.
- Obtain specimens from patients (urine, stool, etc.).
- Perform venipuncture and finger sticks to obtain blood
- Prepare specimens and specimens for lab analysis.
- Perform urine tests (tablet or dipstick.)
- Perform vision screening using Snellen chart.
- Perform routine diagnostic tests, following established
- Perform skin tests.
- Assist as member of surgical team.
- Assist physicians with endotrachael intubations.
- Assists physician in obtaining tissue specimens and
- Assist with proctological procedures (i.e.
- Restrain or support patients during procedures.
- Perform EKGs (electrocardiograms.)
- Assist patients with ambulation and exercises, following
- Administer topical or aerosol medication as ordered.
- Administer medications as prescribed, within scope of
- Transport patients to/from designated areas.
- Route specimens to laboratory.
- Transport laboratory specimens, medical records, laboratory
supplies and materials.
- Transport office supplies and materials, patient related
supplies and materials.
- Transport equipment, and procedures trays.
- Administrative/Clerical/Record Keeping: Request charts/medical
- Schedule, cancel and reschedule patient appointments.
- Initiate follow up appointments with patients.
- Check in patients/members.
- Prepare outgoing mail.
- Locate personnel by paging system or beeper.
- Provide patient information to family members, following
patient confidentiality guidelines.
- Record and send Faxs.
- Screen patient calls and take messages for providers.
- Maintain department logs.
- Maintain and update user manuals.
- Monitor and maintain protocol manuals.
- Respond to requests for information.
- Order medical supplies and equipment.
- Receive, store and distribute materials and supplies.
- Replenish linen.
- Adjust work schedules and/or reassign personnel as
- Serve as resource to coworkers by answering procedure questions
and assisting in problem solving.
- Participate in special projects and studies.
- Demonstrate safety procedures.
- Coordinate and monitor activities within the module.
- Function as team leader.
- Participate in department meetings.
- Train and orient new staff to equipment, general duties and
procedures, following established protocols.
- Maintain proficiency in clinical skills.
- Answer call lights.
- Answer telephones and take messages.
- Call in telephone prescriptions, following established
- Assume other activities and responsibilities from time to time
as directed.Basic Qualifications:Experience
- N/ALicense, Certification, Registration
- Vocational Nurse License (California)
- Basic Life Support -Preferred Qualifications:
- Computer and typing skills preferred.
- Bilingual preferred. -Notes:
- Hours may vary based on assignment.Job Schedule: Job Category:
Nursing Licensed & Nurse Practitioners
Keywords: Kaiser, Lompoc , LVN I Full Time Bakersfield Central Staffing, Other , Mc Farland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!