Per Diem Ward Clerk - Emergency Dept.
Company: Lompoc Valley Medical Center
Posted on: May 23, 2023
Salary Range: $16.14 - $22.24
Pay rates are determined based on experience and internal
- Performs order entry into the charge logic system, auditing
patient documentation, entering discharge information, and
breakdown of charts for emergency department patients.
- Demonstrates quality and effectiveness in work habits.
- Remains flexible to changing systems.
- Answer telephone and coordinate nurses' station activity.
- Treats patients, families, visitors, peers and physicians with
consideration and respect.
- Works well under stress or with tight deadlines.
- Communicates concerns appropriately using the established chain
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor or as situation
- Supports the District Mission, Vision and Values
- Demonstrate Respect, Professionalism and Courtesy to all
patients, visitors, other providers and coworkers, as delineated in
the LVMC "Commitment to Care".
- Constantly use C-I-CARE principles when communicating with
- Maintains all principles of confidentiality according to
District policy and as required by State and Federal agencies.
- Follows guidelines and practices identified in the Employee
- Participates in continuous quality improvement activities
within the unit.
- Completes hospital-wide skills criteria annually.
- Complies with annual PPD testing.
- Maintains responsibility for own professional development.
- Demonstrates proficiency in all required areas for patients in
the Emergency Department after appropriate orientation to the
- Maintains ability to perform competencies within each area as
assigned and completes renewal of competencies annually.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
- The ability to be able to walk, stand or sit for long periods
- The ability to use computer keyboard and telephone.
- The ability to have fine motor control of hands and
- The ability to transfer patients.
- Maintains skills specific to area of employment.
- Demonstrates the ability to function as a team member within
- Demonstrates the ability to have positive personal interactions
with staff, patients, visitors and physicians.
- Accepts appropriate supervision.
- Education: High School education or equivalent
- Experience: Previous office/hospital experience preferred.
- Certifications: BLS recommended but not required.
- Skills/Ability: Excellent verbal and written communication
skills. Computer skills preferred. Exhibits the ability to organize
work assignments and follow through with accuracy. Exercises good
judgment, demonstrates initiative, emotional stability, tact and
- LVMC reserves the right to modify the minimum requirements
depending on the needs of the organization.
Keywords: Lompoc Valley Medical Center, Lompoc , Per Diem Ward Clerk - Emergency Dept., Other , Lompoc, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...