SCI Security Specialist - Level 1 with Security Clearance
Company: Metis Solutions, LLC
Posted on: November 15, 2019
METIS is a Small Business providing training and education,
intelligence analysis, and program management services to U.S.
government and commercial clients around the globe. Our Senior
Leaders, Subject Matter Experts, and Operational Specialists have
direct, on-the-ground expertise in planning and executing the most
critical missions our country and business sectors have faced -
with current operations ongoing in the Middle East, South Asia,
Afghanistan, Europe, and Africa. Applicants selected will be
subject to a government security investigation and must meet
eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
TS/SCI clearance is required. Responsibilities: The SCI Security
Specialist's primary function is to serve as a security specialist
under supervision of the local Special Security Office (SSO). In
accordance with Department of Defense (DoD), Director of National
Intelligence (DNI) and Air Force directives, regulations and
instructions, implements local policies and procedures to ensure
the effective and efficient management for military, civilian and
contractor personnel of SCI and collateral program functions
including physical, personnel, information and industrial security.
The position will provide "day-to-day" support for Collateral and
Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) activities. * Formulates
plans, policies, procedures and other documentation required to
deal with the operation of SCI protection functions and activities
IAW DoD 5105.21 Volumes 1-3, ICD 704/5, AFMAN 14-304, AFI
16-1404/06 and AFI 31-501.
* Maintain and update the SCI Billet Structure (SCIBS) for the
entire installation, and geographically separated Operating
Locations. Process requests for changes to SCIBS, including
analyzing requests to assure proper need-to-know justifications are
enforced. Prepare SCIBS-related correspondence to appropriate
agencies. Respond to requests for additional information needed to
complete adjudications. o Maintain and update Joint Personnel
Adjudication System (JPAS) records for 1,000+ SCI indoctrinated
* Assist with Staff Assistance Visits and other local inspections
as required. Prepares and presents reports with appropriate
corrective actions delineated.
* Receive and respond to requests for SCI eligibility,
recertification, and special purpose and interim SCI Accesses,
insuring validity of the requests.
* Review and act upon authorities to indoctrinate SCI personnel,
including personnel screening interviews and indoctrination
briefings. o Participate in the management of Security Information
File (SIF) Program.
* Send and receive collateral and/or SCI visit requests; oversee
and provide facility badge access.
* Responsible for ensuring all assigned personnel meet/maintain the
appropriate security clearance requirements, in accordance with ICD
704 and AFI-31-501.
* Update and query required information systems as needed to
perform assigned duties. Maintain required hard-copy files to
perform assigned duties. Prepare and execute required periodic
reporting and or audits and reviews IAW applicable directives,
regulations, and instructions.
* Provide continuous training and guidance in all areas of SCI
security; including but not limited to, local procedures, OPSEC,
Communications Security (COMSEC), Security Awareness.
* Enforce foreign contact and travel requirements, entry
procedures, escort procedures, document control procedures, and
classification review/guidance requests.
* Coordinate with Foreign Disclosure Officer (FDO) on SCI access
for Foreign Nationals as necessary for local mission
* Maintain liaison with local Security Forces and AF Office of
Special Investigations, to ensure security procedures, policies,
and training are properly coordinated, and available to SCI
* Respond to SCI incidents with SSO and ISSM in order to make a
declaration. Coordinate with HHQ to notify and obtain security
incident tracking number. Ensure Inquiry Official (IO) is nominated
to the Senior Intelligence Office (SIO) for appointment and provide
initial IO brief.
* Ensure incident report is completed, coordinated and submitted to
HQ for closure.
* Provide training and guidance on handling, safeguarding, marking
* Verify and provide training for requests for SCI courier
authorizations; issues those certifications.
* Acts as an SCI courier.
* Coordinate industrial security procedures as necessary. Review
performance work statement (PWS) for SCI contracts and ensure a
properly executed DD Form 254.
* Upon receipt of indoctrination assist ensure DD Fm 254 is
properly executed and coordinated with Unit Security Manager (USM)
and localIP office.
* Maintain hard/soft copies of DD Fm 254 along with personnel
assigned to contract prior to indoctrination.
* Contractor shall also be responsible to assist the SSO in
maintaining accreditation for SCI Facilities (SCIFs) and alarm
systems in accordance with ICD 705.
* Develop and update personnel security responsibilities for
Special Security Representatives (SSRs). Ensure SSRs are
appropriately appointed, managed, and trained. Analyze and assess
issues with SCI personnel security and proposes solutions that meet
standards set by applicable regulations, directives and
* Assist in enforcing ICD 705 requirements.
Requirements: * ACTIVE TS/SCI clearance (willing to take CI
* Bachelor's Degree OR 4 years of related experience
* 3-5 years related experience with SCI Security
* Must be familiar with security policy/manuals and the appropriate
ICDs/JAFANs/DOD Manuals and other guiding policy documents.
* Must have the ability to work in a dynamic environment and
effectively interact with numerous DOD, military/civilian personnel
and industry partner
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, and
* Possess a high degree of originality, creativity, initiative
requiring minimal supervision
* Willingness to travel within the organizational Area of
Responsibility (AOR) (note - could be extensive, and will include
both air and ground transportation)
METIS Solutions, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual
orientation or gender identity.
Keywords: Metis Solutions, LLC, Lompoc , SCI Security Specialist - Level 1 with Security Clearance, Other , Lompoc, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!