Alternate Terminal Manager
Company: Katmai Government Services
Posted on: June 20, 2022
When the Terminal Manager is not available, acts as the single
point of contact for coordinating, controlling and directing fuel
operations to ensure all customer requirements are met. Assists the
Terminal Manager in oversight of all fuel operations and facility
inspections. Performs Fuels Distribution System Operator duties as
required.Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage the requisition, receipt, storage, issue, handling,
quality control and accounting of petroleum products and Rocket
Propellants (RP-1) IAW DLA-Energy policies and procedures.
- Maintain sufficient product inventories to meet daily demand
and minimum Inventory Management Plan (IMP) requirements.
- Establish product rotation procedures for all fuel products IAW
- Manage fuels and RP-1 products to meet on-time requirements of
supported organizations and transient aircraft.
- Schedule personnel and provide fuel support utilizing aircraft
flying schedules and priority designation provided by wing
- Ensure fuel services are conducted in a safe manner.
- Provide fuels expeditor for aircraft fuels operations when
available or required.
- Perform FDSO duties as required to meet customer needs.
- Receive, store, transfer, issue petroleum products in a safe
- Meet or exceed compliance and federal, state and local
- When the terminal manager is not available, acts as fuels
accountable officer and primary POC for local customers
- Ensure fuels account reconciliation is timely and accurate IAW
DLA-Energy policies and procedures.
- Ensure proper security and storage of all facilities and
- Establish an effective inspection and preventive maintenance
program for all petroleum and facilities, to include a corrosion
control/wash schedule for refueling vehicles.
- Ensure vehicle, facility and equipment inspection forms are
properly annotated and filed.
- Ensure that off-specification fuel is not issued to aircraft,
equipment or vehicles.
- Ensure personnel receive fire, emergency generator and flight
line drivers training as required.
- Provide a Report of Petroleum, Oil and Lubricants (REPOL) as
required or directed.
- Establish a base organizational tank inspection program IAW AFI
- Establish and maintain a base tank custodian training
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Supervisory Responsibilities
- Directs individual Fuels Teams.
- Acts as first-line Quality and Safety Manager. Minimum
- Associate's Degree in a related discipline preferred. In lieu
of a degree, relevant work experience may be substituted on a year
for year basis.
- Must have attended the one-week Terminal Managers/Responsible
- Must have a current or obtain a Commercial Driver's License
(CDL), Class B.
- Must have or be able to obtain and retain a Government Secret
- Must have significant, specialized commercial or military
experience in fuel terminal operations and maintenance performing
and supervising tasks equivalent to an AF Fuels Management
seven-skill level (2F071) or above personnel or similar
commercial/military standard. Special Skills
- Knowledge of:
- Department of Defense, DLA-ENERGY, AFPET and Air Force fuels
management instructions and procedures
- receipt, handling, and storage methods
- properties and characteristics of liquid propellant, gases,
oxidizers, and petroleum products
- safety precautions
- laboratory procedures
- fuels automated system procedures
- accounting procedures
- the theory and fundamentals of operating budget
- logistics planning
- principles of inventory control
- freight transportation
- statistical methods and procedures.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and fluently understand
English. DRIVING REQUIREMENTMust have or be able to attain a valid
state driver's license and be insurable on the company's automobile
insurance policy.Driving, with or without accommodation, may be
required when traveling for training and/or short occasional
amounts of local driving.---The expected driving time is up to
80%.---TRAVELNone.Compliance To be considered for this position,
all applicants must apply on the company website,
https://katmaicorp.com/life-at-katmai/We are a VEVRAA Federal
ContractorWe are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity or national origin, disability status, protected veteran
status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
will be given to Ouzinkie Shareholders, Descendants of
Shareholders, and Spouses of Shareholders in accordance with Title
43 U.S. Code 1626(g) and Title 42 U.S. Code 2000e - 2(i).Executive
Order 11246, as amended, protects applicants and employees from
discrimination based on inquiring about, disclosing, or discussing
their compensation or the compensation of other applicants or
Keywords: Katmai Government Services, Lompoc , Alternate Terminal Manager, Professions , Lompoc, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!